Friday, 30 June 2017

WHY SHOULD MY SOUL REST IN PEACE?



WHY SHOULD MY SOUL REST IN PEACE?

Something says to me that I need to sort this statement and understand it better now, especially before it is said of me!
“RIP”
As I begin to ponder on the meaning of RIP and why it is being often used when someone passed on, I asked myself what categpry of statement should this be?
A wish?
A Prayer?
Or A courtesy statement?

Whose soul can RIP? What does it take for the soul to RIP?

If RIP is a wish, I can only wish wishes are horses for real, so beggars can ride! But if it is a prayer, then the “praying-mantis” should rule the world! However, if it is just a complementary or courteous statement, no man should be offended because it would be a worthless complement when said.

RIP has been so used in such a manner that even if devils can die, men will still say RIP!

The fact may be that whoever you might be, irrespective of the life lived, whether godly, religious, or you live an atheistic life, we will still say RIP.

No comments: